Saturday, December 7, 2013

Productive :0)

When I got up this morning I really didn't think I would get much done today.  I felt behind as soon as my feet hit the floor.  The kittens had a major party in my kitchen last night, complete with dragging in the Christmas garland and opening up the summer sausage and eating it.  (Appetizers for their Christmas party?)  Honestly, it looked like three frat boys had partied in my kitchen last night. 
 
I've also been having some issues with my left knee.  Not bad and not an injury but some exercise induced stiffness.  I've been working for the past few days to get it under control but it has slowed me down a bit.  (But I'm happy to report that I finally figured out the right combination of heat, ice, and anti-inflammatories to make it start to feel better!  Yay!)
 
So a post kitty party kitchen and a stiff knee...I didn't have high hopes this morning.  But by this evening I looked back on my day and was quite pleased at what I had done.
 
* Set the kitchen to right and fixed it up.
* I spent some time online while applying heat to my knee.  After that I did my full exercise routine, just slower so as to not push the knee too much.  Then some more time resting while I iced the knee.
* A nice bath and after that I gave myself an "at home" facial.  I like to try and do that once a week - it doesn't always happen - but it's nice when I can and it doesn't cost me a thing.
* Laundry was done.
* I fixed a hot breakfast and supper for my guys.  (Dd didn't feel like eating much today & everyone does their own lunch most days.)  And I also got separate meals fixed for myself - I like different things than the boys do.  :0)
* Kitchen got a final cleaning after the day was done.
* My dh went to the store to get some things before the ice storm sets in tonight and I got everything put away when he came home.
* Spent some time on the phone with a friend who has a very sick husband and she just needed to talk, vent, and get a laugh or two.
 
Perhaps not the most productive day ever ~  but not bad for a weekend and definitely not bad for a lady with a stiff and cranky knee who thought she couldn't salvage the day as soon as she got up!  :0)
 
I hope everyone is enjoying their Christmas season.  It goes by so fast ~ please savor every second of it!


2 comments:

Amy Jo said...

Sounds like a very productive day to me!

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Bible Babe said...

Ah yes, kitty parties--had a few of those myself when we had cats. Nowadays, we have canine carnage when I forget to put the trash where they can't reach it. Hope you rknee feels better--have you tried taking tumeric for inflammation? There are many good recipes for tumeric milk,or you can make capsules from powdered herb. Keep toasty, dear.