Saturday, December 21, 2013

A different sort of normal

I find myself right now taking a bit of a turn in life stages.  My children are still at home but they are no longer littles.  Our homeschooling decisions have also rather radically changed my day to day life as well.  I find myself at a place where I have more time for things I like to do - which is great, I'll not lie.  But I also want to make sure that my time is spent in meaningful ways.  I feel a bit like I'm standing at the end of a road and I don't quite know which way to go from here.  I am so used to focusing so intently on my kids that now, when those needs are not as constant as they used to be...it's difficult to figure one's self out again.
 
I feel I've done some things right so far.  I'm working on my stitching charity and I do love that and am so grateful that I have the time for it.  But still...there are many hours in a day. 
 
Sigh ~~ not a huge problem really...and I do know that I will figure it all out and once again come into my own on this slightly new path.  I suppose I just like things to be rather predictable and I haven't figured out what that looks like yet in this new life stage. 
 

5 comments:

Bible Babe said...

Miz V--

From what we've discussed and all I've read from you...I think you'll do just fine. Keep prayin', do what ya KNOW to do, and keep your eyes open for what God's got in store.

Delisa said...

Hi Mrs. V, I enjoyed your post today, and I can understand what you mean. I do not have children but I had a very busy life at one time years ago when we had a great deal of illness in the family and I needed to be the caregiver for both my parents. When things quieted down, I felt so adrift. I felt like I needed to be busy all the time or I wasn't doing my best. I threw myself into many different projects trying to be of help to others and soon felt exhausted on all levels. As time has gone by I now realize that learning to slow down was one of the greatest gift I could have been given. I hope you have a lovely afternoon! Delisa :)

Anonymous said...

There a lots of people and organizations that could use volunteer work, or you could become a foster parent-there is a great need for that! Just some thoughts!

Delisa said...

Hi Mrs. V, it is me again, I was taking a little break this afternoon and I have been reading some of your past posts and I just want to tell you how much I have thoroughly enjoyed them! Especially the one Matronly and Proud of It. It was just beautiful, and expressed many things that I have been feeling in my heart as well. I also enjoyed the one about The Good Wives. I read that book when I was a teenager over and over again. It brought back so many happy memories. Have a lovely day ahead! With Love, Delisa :)

Mrs. V. said...

Aww, thanks Delisa! I always like to hear that my readers find something of value in what I share. I appreciate it!